***In-Person Workshops Happening!! – subscribe to newsletter below to stay in the loop!!***
Traditional Thai Massage & Bodywork; Foundations
Ready to delve into the amazing world of Thai bodywork? Have you already had a taste, but need a refresher to give you the confidence to share it with your clients? Are you feeling stagnant in your work and want a completely different angle to approach the body? Are you having pain/repetitive injury from the way you are currently using your body, and would like to discover some new tools (feet, knees, femurs, etc.)? This workshop is for you!
In this workshop you will:
- Learn the basic theory and foundational techniques needed to give a 90 minute to 120 minute Traditional Thai bodywork session, working in supine, prone, side lying and seated position
- Learn sequences that focus on ease of transition and maximize the efficiency of proper body mechanics
- Explore new ways of using leverage, your body weight and movement to create pressure, lifts, mobilization and stretches to create therapeutic & relaxing sessions
- Explore using the tools you already have (like feet, knees and femurs) to deliver comfortable, appropriate and effective pressure and rely less on your hands
- Free your creative juices to different ways of approaching the body and different ways of using your own body, working from a whole new angle – from a comfortable firm mat on the floor!
- Open yourself to a whole new exciting world and body of work, theory & culture
This workshop is suitable for LMTs with an introductory level to Thai massage as well as those with no prior experience.
Traditional Thai Massage & Bodywork; Foundations, 9am – 5pm each day, 2021 – date TBA. tuition: $320, Portland, Oregon 16 CEUs for OR & WA LMTs
Traditional Thai Massage & Bodywork; Expanding the Tool Box
In this Advanced Thai Massage & Bodywork class we will get more comfortable delivering techniques using our knees, feet, tibias and femurs, which allows us to give longer sessions and be effective for a wider range of body types/preferences. Not only are these tools perfect for working more deeply without straining our own body, they also offer further opportunity for nuance with their unique shapes and different angles in which they allow us to approach our clients’ bodies. Cultivating sensitivity and awareness in all of our ‘built-in’ tools, lends to longevity for our bodies, as well as creativity/adaptability for our sessions. In this class we will:
- Learn to incorporate our knees, feet, femurs & tibias into a Thai bodywork session covering supine, prone, side lying and seated positions.
- Learn how to use both deep and gentle pressure with these built in tools, depending on our client and what is called for in any given moment.
- Learn how our proper body mechanics; i.e. using the bodyweight of our client and ourselves, leverage, proper alignment, bolstering, etc., can keep us happy and healthy in our practice for years to come.
- Learn to step outside of the routine and make our sessions more collaborative, intuitive, and fun!
Join me for this inspiring class!
*pre-requisite, completion of a level one Thai massage class
Traditional Thai Massage & Bodywork; Expanding the Tool Box Portland, OR **Details to be announced**
Herbal Steam Compress [luk pra kob]
Learn to make fresh aromatic herbal compresses to use in your existing sessions. Although these healing bundles are inspired from the Thai traditional healing arts, they are wonderful to use as an adjunct to most bodywork sessions, as well as for self-care use at home, at anytime, and especially during cold and flu season!
While the therapeutic benefits of herbal steam compresses are too numerous to list, here are some of the fundamental ones:
- increase circulation
- increase energy flow in stagnant tissues
- help to ease mental and physical tension
- help alleviate congestion and open the sinuses (aid in breath work!)
- they smell divine and calm the spirit (everyone in your building/wellness center/house will benefit!)
They are fun to make and easy to weave into your existing practice! Join me in this effervescent one day workshop. We will chop, pound, shred, and shape herbs into little bundles, and experience their therapeutic benefits first hand as we practice using them on one another.
Herbal Steam Compress Workshop [luk pra kob] , October 2021 – date TBA. Earth Body EAST, SE Portland, tuition: $165 (all materials included). 6 CE hours, 10am – 5pm
Thai Techniques Translated for the Table
Have you ever been curious about the world of Thai bodywork, but feel hesitant about buying a mat and asking your clients to move from the table to the floor? Do you already practice Thai but want to learn to adapt it to your table sessions? Are you looking for new ways to approach the body and inspire your creative mind? This workshop is for you!
In this workshop you will :
- learn the tools and techniques to be able to provide a solid 60 to 90 minute table Thai session, or blend them into your existing table work. Supine, side lying and prone positions will be included.
- learn to moves limbs and joints safely through range of motion/stretch
- learn to work confidently and effectively in side-lying
- open your creative juices to different ways of approaching the body and learn new ways of using your own body effortlessly and effectively
Thai Techniques Translated for the Table. Lower Body & Upper Body. Attend one or both days. September 2021, specific date TBA tuition: $165 for one day or $300 for both, Portland, OR, CE 15 hours.
Body Mechanics and Self-Care for the Thai Bodywork Practitioner
In this class we will explore the anatomical concepts behind what make our body mechanics efficient allowing us to stay happy in our bodies and direct our focus where it belongs; sensing, feeling, balancing lom in the bodies of our recipients. We will practice stabilizing/ mobilizing exercises as well as self-massage ideas that we can add to our own self-care rituals which will help to support our bodies while we care for others.
Part Two of this class we will get on our mats! Using simple props, creative positioning, bolstering and breath we will troubleshoot some challenges with body-mechanics when working on the ground as well as maximize the many benefits of mat-based work.
Taking care of ourselves is a necessity – it is the key to longevity, allowing us to provide our community with our therapeutic gifts for years to come.
Body Mechanics and Self-Care for the Thai Bodywork Practitioner. TBA, Portland, OR 4CE tuition: $95
** Special Outdoors Pandemic Edition! Thai Techniques Translated for the Table; Lower Body. October 3, 2020. SE Portland, OR, CE 7 hours. Workshop full, email email@example.com for waitlist
[metta] thai healing arts workshops
stay in the loop – subscribe below